The annual PARISH THANKSGIVING APPEAL is a chance to give thanks to God for the blessings of St. George Parish. Over the last several months while our lives have been turned upside down due to the pandemic, our parish family has stepped up, adapting, pivoting, and using the gifts of technology to share and support everyone with faith, hope and community. This has taken place due to the amazing staff, volunteer ministers and your financial support.
Over the last six months we have offered many online opportunities in addition to our current four weekend (in person) Mass schedule and Wednesday night individual confessions. We are doing everything we can so that people can pray, celebrate Mass and build community together.
- Online Masses, litanies, rosary, novenas
- Online pilgrimages to Poland, the Holy Land and Italy
- THE WARM UP weekly podcast gospel reflection
- Homily Message Series
- “The Unknown Path to Easter” special message series
- “Come From Away” online faith discussions
- Phone-streaming of all online celebrations
- “Seasons of Hope” Bereavement Support Workshops
- TED Online Retreats
- Lectio Divina Scripture Reflection Series
- THE CHALLENGE contest
- Online Baptismal Preparation
- RCIA Online preparation
- Faith & Works Video/Audio Podcast
- St. John Paul II Prayer Series
- Monthly Online Concert Series
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Annual Veterans Collection
- Roman Roadhouse Speaker Series Online
All of these programs and ministries continue to connect, inspire and guide St. George Parishioners and those beyond to become faithful and loving disciples. This online ministry is here to stay in addition to the opportunity to gather at the parish more fully when the pandemic is over.
I also want to especially thank our many dedicated and amazing volunteers who have stepped up to serve at our Masses, baptisms, weddings, confessions and other celebrations that could not take place without their help. They welcome, serve and clean the facility at every celebration so that people feel welcomed, loved and safe.
The PARISH THANSKGIVING APPEAL is a special collection to support the community and the ministry that takes place. It helps us offer the diverse programming, ministry and outreach that makes St. George special. 100% of your donations stay in the parish. 15% of your regular offertory, Christmas and Easter collections are sent to the diocese for the various services, programs and offices the diocese provides for us.
If you can give—we ask that you support this collection in a number of different ways:
- A mail-out was sent with a special THANKSGIVING ENVELOPE. Simply return the envelope to the parish office by dropping it off during the week, on the weekend or mail it to the parish.
- Send an E-TRANSFER with the note THANKSGIVING APPEAL to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate with your credit card via the DONATION BUTTON below.
If you have already donated through your offertory envelopes or pre-authorized donations—thank you so much. Please be assured of our prayers and support. We continue to develop new and innovative ways to share the Good News of the Gospel so that everyone may experience Christ’s everlasting love.
I am so ever thankful for this parish–the amazing staff, volunteers and all the faithful. I am honoured and humbled to serve in such a wonderful and faith filled community!!