FORMAT FOR EACH SESSION
- Begin with the prayer for specific for each session
- Watch the TED talk video
- Watch the reflection video by one of the pastoral team members
- Pray over the scripture passage
- Review Personal Reflection Questions
If you have any questions please e-mail the parish at [email protected] or call the parish office at 519-471-4220
SESSION #5 – Finding Meaning In Suffering
Prayer to Unite Your Suffering to His Passion
Lord Jesus Christ, my Redeemer, the extravagance of divine love is boldly proclaimed in Your passion and death. From the pulpit of the Cross You have spoken to me personally. When I gaze upon You in the midst of Your agonizing passion, I read a love letter written in Precious Blood. You call to my heart in love’s unspoken language that is more deeply understood than words. You lay down Your life for me with total liberality. My heart suffers and longs to be consumed by Yours that is opened wide by the Roman soldier’s sword. As I venerate the Cross, and Your five holy wounds, I place my suffering inside of Yours. With confidence I unite my suffering to Yours knowing that all human suffering is absorbed into Your holy wounds by which I am healed.
KATIE MAZUREK TED TALK
BRIDGET CORNEIL VIDEO REFLECTION
2 Corinthians 1:3-7
PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
- What is God saying to us in our pain?
- Has your own suffering changed your attitude towards others who are suffering?
- Has your suffering or pain prompted you to make changes in how you live your life?
- Could the story of my suffering offer hope to somebody else? Who needs to hear my story?