To recognize and award outstanding Catholic students who have demonstrated discipleship within the St. George Parish community and carried this discipleship into the community at large.
- The Applicant is graduating from any high school this year (and is in their final year).
- The Applicant’s post-secondary plans can include employment, an apprenticeship, college or university.
- The Applicant attends Mass regularly at St. George Parish
- The Applicant demonstrates their discipleship through active involvement in their parish, school, and community, through leadership, service to others and Christian role modelling.
- There will be two awards of $1,000 each for two students (one female and one male).
- The Applicant is to complete and Application Form (complete the online form below or click here to download pdf application
- The Applicant is to submit supporting documents including 3 reference letters; one letter from school administration (such as their teacher, principal, chaplain or guidance counsellor) and two from parishioners and/or others who are familiar with their community involvement.
- The award will be advertised at Masses, in the bulletin and on the St. George Parish website.
- Applications will be accepted between May 1 and May 31, 2021.
- The Applications will be accepted in the parish office, by email or completed on the parish website.
- The Applications will be reviewed by the parish Scholarship Committee (made up of representatives from CWL, Knights of Columbus and Helping Hands) and successful candidates names submitted to the Parish Office by May 31st, 2021.
- Awards to be presented to successful candidates at a weekend Mass in June.