With the passing of euthanasia/assisted suicide legislation in Parliament in 2016, provinces are now implementing what is called “Medical Assistance in Dying” (MAID). In Ontario and Nova Scotia, doctors are forced by their regulatory College to refer against their deeply held moral convictions, and there is pressure on faith-based institutions to allow MAID on the premises.
We need your help to protect Ontario healthcare professionals, faith-based facilities and their conscience rights.
In advance of the June 2018 provincial election in Ontario, we have the opportunity to ask candidates where they stand on these three issues:
1. Legislative protection for healthcare professionals’ conscience rights.
2. Continued conscience protection for faith-based facilities.
3. Improved access to quality palliative care.
- BISHOP FABBRO’S LETTER REGARDING THE “CALL FOR CONSCIENCE CAMPAIGN”
- CANADIANS FOR CONSCIENCE RIGHTS WEBSITE
- STORIES IN THE NEWS FROM THE CONSCIENCE CAMPAIGN WEBSITE